Reading Notes Ch.4 Comm 2322
Public Relations Department and Firms
Public relations department serve various roles and functions within companies and organizations.
Services that Public relation firms provide:
- Marketing communications
- Executive speech training
- Research and evaluations
- Crisis communication
- Media analysis
- Community relations
- Events management
- Public affairs
- Branding and corporate reputation
- Financial relations
Advantages of a PR firm:
- A variety of skills and expertise.
- Extensive resources
- International jobs
- Offices through out the country
- Special problem-solving skills
Disadvantages of a PR firm:
- Superficial group of a client’s unique problems
- Lack of full-time commitment
- Need for prolonged briefing period
- Resentment by internal staff
- Need for strong direction by top management
Fees and Charges
- Basic hourly fee, plus out-of-pocket expenses.
- Retainer fee.
- Fixed project fee.
The found the notes from this book.