Reading Notes Ch.8 COMM 4333
Selecting Publicity Photos & Graphics
This chapter was very helpful considering that I love photography. While I already know a lot of the information that was in this chapter I did pull a few things that were very helpful. Which were:
- Photos need to be creative. Express yourself this is your art make it fun and represent you.
- When taking a publicity photo you should have no more than three or four people in each photo.
- One of the most important is to make sure you know how to take a proper photo (this should be common sense).
- Make sure when sending a photo to reporters never send it as an attachment.. You tend to loose quality of the photo.
- Make sure when you write captions you keep them short. You don’t want to take away from the photo.
- Make sure you are using a good camera with great quality. There is nothing worse than when your photo has horrible exposer. Photos need to be clear and very sharp.
All of my notes came from the, “Public Relations Writing and Media Techniques”, you can find this book at Amazon.